Shopping and Online Security
The following policy applies to all transactions through the Utopian Aboriginal Art Shopping Cart or purchases of art works from Sonja Chalmers trading as Eastern Desert Art. It should be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions of the Website.
Ordering goods through the Utopian Aboriginal Art Shopping Cart
You can order goods from the Utopian Aboriginal Art Shopping Cart in three ways:
- by placing an order online and using your credit card over our secure e-commerce link to pay for the goods
- by placing an order online and transferring money into Sonja Chalmers' bank account or
- by placing an order online and posting a cheque to Sonja Chalmers
All contracts of sale are governed by the laws of the Northern Territory, Australia.
Security when you order online
We are highly confident of the quality and security of our e-commerce facility and recommend this method of payment and ordering. This allows us to offer the best level of speed, accuracy and security in our service to you.
Credit card numbers provided through our e-commerce facility are processed in an encrypted form (using SSL 128-bit encryption) over a secure link and are not stored permanently. This provides a high level of security protection for our customers. The secure link is provided by our payment gateway service provider Netregistry and the transaction is processed by the National Australia Bank, one of Australia's largest and longest established banks. More information about the system is available from the Netregistry Web site at www.netregistry.com.au.
The Firefox, Netscape and the Microsoft Internet Explorer browsers have built-in security mechanisms to ensure that users do not accidentally submit personal information over an insecure link. If a user tries to submit information to an unsecured site, the browsers will, by default, show a warning. In contrast, if a user submits credit card or other information to a site with a valid Server ID and an SSL connection, the warning does not appear and the secure connection is seamless.
Users of the Utopian Aboriginal Art website can be sure that online transactions with our site are secure by looking for the following signs:
- The URL in the browser window displays "https" at the beginning of a transaction instead of http
- In Internet Explorer (IE), a padlock icon appears in the bar at the bottom of the IE window. IE users can check the Web site's encryption level by following these steps: right-click on the Website's page and select Properties, then click the Certificates button. In the Fields box, select "Encryption type" - the Details box shows you the level of encryption (40-bit or 128-bit)
- In the Netscape browser, the padlock in the lower left corner of the Navigator window will be closed instead of open. Netscape users can check what level of encryption is protecting their transactions by using the Security button in the browser's toolbar
Guarantee of safe online shopping
The details of our online shopping guarantee are as follows:
- For customers in Australia, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than AUD $50 of fraudulent charges to your credit card. If your bank does hold you liable for any of this AUD $50, Eastern Desert Art will cover the entire liability for you, up to the full AUD $50.
- For customers in the USA, under the US Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than US $50 of fraudulent charges to your credit card. If your bank does hold you liable for any of this US $50, Eastern Desert Art will cover the entire liability for you, up to the full US $50.
- We will cover this liability only if the unauthorised use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made on the Utopian Aboriginal Art website while using our secure e-commerce service.
- In the event of unauthorised use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. To obtain a refund from us of any charges made to you by your bank, you will need to provide us with documentary evidence of that charge and evidence that you reported the unauthorised use in the manner required by the bank.
» Aboriginal Art Gallery
» Utopia Community Project
Eastern Desert Art ABN: 79 722 554 907
Tel: (08) 8956 9433 (Australia wide) or +618 8956 9433 (international)
Fax: (08) 8956 9177 (Australia wide) or +618 8956 9177 (international)
» Email Utopian Aboriginal Art about this page
» Subscribe to Utopian Aboriginal Art's mailing list
» Contact Eastern Desert Art
Listed prices are $AUD exclusive of GST. Australian customers pay GST on listed price.